Cotswolds TV & Film
The Cotswolds and Forest of Dean - Britain's Rural Capital of Culture
, is full of surprises for film and TV fans. We've had some big productions here such as Harry Potter, James Bond in Die Another Day, Bridget Jones's Diary and Doctor Who.
Film location managers and visitors alike love our rural scenes, historic pubs, ancient buildings and market squares.
The area attracts its share of celebrity residents too. Exactly where they live is secret of course, but we've dropped the odd hint - it really is surprising how often they're spotted at restaurants, attractions or pubs across the Cotswolds and Forest of Dean.
Download our movie map below, with sections including Our 'A' List, Follow in the Footsteps of and Did You Know.
More 'did you know'....
- The animals from the Cotswold Farm Park have starred in the TV series Magic, Time Team and the film Braveheart.
- Arlington Row in Bibury was a filming location for Stardust and is also thought to be the most photographed village in the Cotswolds.
- Hollywood writer & producer David Wiemers traded his career in Hollywood for life as Bourton on the Water's postmaster.
- Kings School in Gloucester was also used for filming the Harry Potter films.
More movie & TV productions filmed in the area:
- The Onedin Line (TV) - Cheltenham & Gloucester Docks
- Berkeley Square (TV) - Gloucester
- If... (Film) - Cheltenham
- Maurice (Film) - Gloucester Docks
- Vanity Fair (TV) - Cheltenham, Gloucester Docks & Miserden
- Martin Chuzzlewit (TV) - Sudeley Castle & Gloucester Docks
- The Wolves of Willoughby Chase (Film) - St Augustine's Farm, Arlingham
- The Famous Five (TV) - Woodchester Mansion
- The Singing Detective (TV) - Forest of Dean
- The Wyvern Mystery (TV) - Northleach & Stanway House
- Heavy Weather (TV) - Sudeley Castle
- Our Mutual Friend (TV) - Upper & Lower Slaughter and Eastleach
- The Choir (TV) - Gloucester Cathedral
- The Mayor of Casterbridge (TV) - Stow-on-the-Wold
- How to be a Prince (TV) - Berkeley Castle
- Hung, Drawn & Quartered (TV) - Berkeley Castle
- These Foolish Things (Film) - Gloucester & the Cotswolds
- The Colour of Magic (TV) - Gloucester
- Outlaw (Film) - Forest of Dean & Gloucester
- Dracula (TV) - Woodchester Mansion
- Pennies From Heaven (TV) - Gloucester & Forest of Dean
- Anna & The King (Film) - near Cirencester
- Emma (TV) - Sudeley Castle & Stanway House
- Jeeves and Wooster (TV) - Barnsley Park
- Miss Marple (TV) - Various Cotswold villages
- Mistresses (TV) - Eastwood Park
- Pride and Prejudice (TV) - Cheltenham
- Rosie & Jim (Children's) - Gloucester Docks
- The Canterbury Tales (Film) - Chipping Campden
- Whites (TV) - Thornbury Castle exterior shots & banqueting hall
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader